International Students

Download our International application form

(See also International Community for details about what
Sibford School can offer students from overseas)

Admission decisions for international students are based on a report supplied by the applicant’s current school/college, completion of our English Language Test and a SKYPE interview with our Head of ESOL, Sally Pickering. Offers are made subject to English being reassessed upon arrival at Sibford School.

English Language Requirements

For entry into Years 7 – 9
Elementary upwards. The number of ESOL lessons will be decided according to level of English on arrival.

For entry into Years 10 – 11
A good intermediate level of English – IELTS 4.5 or equivalent.

For entry into Years 12 – 13
English needs to be of a good upper-intermediate level – IELTS 5.5 or equivalent.

Our Intensive English and Pre-Foundation Intensive English courses are aimed at students looking primarily to improve their language skills before starting either
A Level courses or a university foundation course. These courses are aimed at students whose English is at a pre-intermediate level.

IELTS certificates are not required as we will assess all students on arrival.


International students generally join Sibford School in September at the start of the British academic year. However, some students (particularly those taking the Intensive Course) prefer to join the school in January or April. Experience shows that having the opportunity to settle into life at an English boarding school prior to commencing exam studies can make a huge difference to final grades.

Visit us

We always encourage visits to the school wherever possible. Please do not hesitate to contact our admissions officer, Elspeth Dyer, should you wish to visit or should you have any questions (email: edyer@sibfordschool.co.uk tel: .+44 (0)1295 781203)

If it is not possible for you to visit the school in person, why not SKYPE our ESOL department? We can arrange for you to talk to one of our ESOL teachers or a student from your home country who will be able to give you a true picture of life at the school.

Students living outside of the European Union require a Confirmation of Acceptance to Study letter (CAS) to support their visa application to the United Kingdom Border Agency (UKBA). This will be issued on acceptance of the place offered and payment of deposit. Sibford School will not issue a CAS unless all criteria are met as per the UK Border Agency Regulations and in accordance with the Sibford School Tier 4 Policy.

Translate »